By Board-certified Practitioners
Frown lines Gone
Reduce frown lines between the eyebrows
Xeomin is an effective FDA-approved injectable similar to Botox. It is used for the treatment of fine lines, glabellar lines, frown lines, and crowfeet for men and women. It is safe, and give you a natural looking refreshed youthful look with no downtime. Our experienced injectors in Tampa and Brandon at Florida Aesthetics and Wellness have treated thousands of patients successfully.
Treatment results may vary.
Powerful injectable for treating wrinkles
Treats facial wrinkles and creases around the eyes, cheeks, nose, mouth & chin
Similar in performance to other neurotoxins like Botox and Dysport
Treatment results may vary.
During treatment, which usually takes about 10 to 20 minutes, your board-certified medical practitioner at Florida Aesthetics and Wellness will inject XEOMIN into the muscles in your forehead that cause frown lines between your brows. No anesthesia is required; however, your medical practitioner may use a topical anesthetic or cold pack to reduce any discomfort.
In clinical trials, some patients observed visible smoothing as early as 3-4 days after injection. The median first onset of effect was less than a week. The maximum effect typically occurs at 30 days. The typical duration of effect is up to 3 months, but may last significantly longer or shorter in individual patients.
All specialists working at our clinic conveniently located in Brandon and serving Tampa Bay Area are licensed professionals experienced in delivering their respective area of service including Xeomin injections, Botox injections and other rejuvenating injections. Schedule an appointment today for Xeomin in Tampa, FL, and get a free, careful consultation with one of our expert. We are ready to answer all your questions and address any concerns you may have before getting your treatment. Call us today to schedule a free consultation or a treatment appointment.
XEOMIN® IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
Read the Medication Guide before you start receiving XEOMIN® (Zeo-min) and each time XEOMIN® is given to you as there may be new information. The risk information provided here is not comprehensive. To learn more:
- Talk to your health care provider or pharmacist
- Visit www.xeominaesthetic.com to obtain the FDA-approved product labeling
- Call 1-866-862-1211
Uses XEOMIN® is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults for a short period of time (temporary).
XEOMIN® may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems anytime (hours to week) after treatment with XEOMIN®:
- Problems with swallowing, speaking, or breathing. These problems can happen hours to weeks after an injection of XEOMIN® if the muscles that you use to breathe and swallow become weak after the injection. Death can happen as a complication if you have severe problems with swallowing or breathing after treatment with XEOMIN®.
- People with certain breathing problems may need to use muscles in their neck to help them breathe and may be at greater risk for serious breathing problems with XEOMIN®.
- Swallowing problems may last for several months. People who cannot swallow well may need a feeding tube to receive food and water. If swallowing problems are severe, food or liquids may go into your lungs. People who already have swallowing or breathing problems before receiving XEOMIN® have the highest risk of getting these problems.
- Spread of toxin effects. In some cases, the effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas of the body away from the injection site and cause symptoms of a serious condition called botulism. The symptoms of botulism include: loss of strength and muscle weakness all over the body, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice, trouble saying words clearly, loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing.
These problems could make it unsafe for you to drive a car or do other dangerous activities.
Do not use XEOMIN® if you are allergic to XEOMIN® or any of the ingredients in XEOMIN® (see the end of this Guide for a list of ingredients in XEOMIN®, had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin products such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC), or abobotulinumtoxinA (DISPORT®) or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Ask a doctor before use if you
- have a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome)
- have had any side effect from any other botulinum toxin in the past
- have a breathing problem such as asthma or emphysema
- have a history of swallowing problems or inhaling food or fluid into your lungs (aspiration)
- have bleeding problems
- have drooping eyelids
- have plans to have surgery
- have had surgery on your face
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if XEOMIN® can harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if XEOMIN® passes into breast milk.
XEOMIN® is not recommended for use in children younger than 18 years of age.
Tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions and all of the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Using XEOMIN® with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received XEOMIN® in the past.
Especially tell your doctor if you
- have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last four months
- have received injections of botulinum toxin such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®, BOTOX® COSMETIC) and abobotulinumtoxinA (DISPORT®) in the past. Be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you received. The dose of XEOMIN® may be different from other botulinum toxin products that you have received.
- have recently received an antibiotic by injection
- take muscle relaxants
- take an allergy or cold medicine
- take a sleep medicine
- take a blood thinner medicine
Ask your doctor if you are not sure if your medicine is one that is listed above.
Possible Side Effects
XEOMIN® can cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. See “Warnings.”
Headache was the most common side effect of XEOMIN® for treatment of glabellar lines. Other possible side effects include:
- dry mouth
- discomfort or pain at the injection site
- neck pain
- muscle weakness
- eye problems, including: double vision, blurred vision, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes. Reduced blinking can also occur. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have eye pain or irritation following treatment.
XEOMIN® may cause other serious side effects including allergic reactions. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to XEOMIN® may include: itching, rash, redness, swelling, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you get wheezing or asthma symptoms, or if you get dizzy or faint.
These are not all the possible side effects of XEOMIN®. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
- XEOMIN® is a shot (injection) that your doctor will give you.
- XEOMIN® is injected into your affected muscles.
- Your doctor may change your dose of XEOMIN® until you and your doctor find the best dose for you.
General information about the safe and effective use of XEOMIN®
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use XEOMIN® for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give XEOMIN® to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them. You can ask your pharmacist or doctor for information about XEOMIN® that is written for health professionals.
Active Ingredient: incobotulinumtoxinA
Inactive Ingredients: human albumin and sucrose
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS XEOMIN?
XEOMIN (incobotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medication used to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults. XEOMIN contains botulinum toxin type A, a protein purified from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
HOW DOES XEOMIN WORK?
When you squint or frown, the muscles between your brows contract, causing the skin to furrow and fold. Over time, as your skin ages and loses some of its elasticity, these repeated contractions can cause persistent frown lines.
Botulinum toxin type A the active ingredient in XEOMIN acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle fibers from contracting. By reducing these contractions, XEOMIN can temporarily reduce the lines on your forehead between your brows.
IS XEOMIN PROVEN?
XEOMIN was proven effective in two randomized, double-blind, multicenter, placebo-controlled clinical trials of 547 healthy, adult patients. The average age of patients in the study was 46 years. Patients received 20 Units of XEOMIN and were classified as responders if they had a 2-grade improvement on a 4-point scale as assessed by the physician and patient. Using these criteria, treatment success was higher with XEOMIN than placebo on Day 30 in both studies (60% and 48% vs. 0% for placebo in both studies). Based on these trials, XEOMIN received FDA approval for aesthetic use in 2011.
HOW DO I KNOW IF XEOMIN IS RIGHT FOR ME?
If you are an adult with moderate to severe glabellar lines, XEOMIN may be right for you. Talk to your doctor to discuss the benefits and risks of treatment. Do not take XEOMIN if you are allergic to botulinum toxin or any of the other ingredients in XEOMIN. You should also not take XEOMIN if you have had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.