Is it hard to lose weight in the summer?
Summer is at our doorstep, and with it comes the excitement of activities, vacations, and good summer food. As good as that all sounds, some of us may find the summer months to be a danger zone for our weight loss goals. Fortunately, the season of sun doesnt have to be that way, and it can actually help you with your weight loss goals. Heres how:
- Produce is in great abundance during these months. All kinds of delicious fruits and vegetables can be found at affordable prices.
- People eat less in the summer, likely due to the decrease in gloomy weather and fewer cravings for comfort foods.
- Great weather means more opportunities for fun ways to be active
Taking advantage of all the available produce is easy. Turning to fruits and vegetables for snacks and as fillers in meals helps you cut back on your calorie consumption and provides you with necessary nutrients to keep your body going. And its all natural.
Trying out new and colorful recipes is perfect in the summer, and can become a family activity that helps encourage everyone to eat healthy. Also, to keep your exercise routine interesting and to keep your family active, try out a different outdoor activity every week. (without skipping the other days!) This way, youll ensure that youre getting enough exercise. Keep this up even when on vacation.
Of course, it may sometimes be tempting to indulge in the summer treats that are available at barbeques, family events, and outings. Keep yourself prepared.
- Plan ahead so that you approach mealtime with a good idea of what you will eat and what youll stay away from.
- Make sure that if you would like to try everything, you only sample the high calorie foods.
- Cut back on drinks. Water is the best hydrator in the summer
- At restaurants, ask about low calorie options or swap out high-calorie sides or sauces with something healthier.
These are some of many tips that can help you stick to your weight loss plan. Continuing your weight loss during the summer months is possible, and may even be easier as we enjoy warm weather and sunshine. To learn more about what you can do this summer to become a healthier you, contact your weight loss coach at Florida Aesthetics today!
For more information about our Medical Weight Loss, please click here. Results may vary in each individual case.